Long Long Nights
Hey all! I've been up to my old tricks as usual. Things are winding down here in Freiburg. Today was the last day of class (which I missed......I'll get into that later). It's also starting to get cooler here. I'm actually surprised it took as long as it did. It's also really windy! Something to remind me of home. I have no coat cuz I left mine up in Bremen this summer with my host family. So to compensate I've been using my suit jacket. I feel very dressed up most of the time. Actually this Australian girl, Chris, has been telling me that I always look well dressed and put together (even when I'm wearing my sweats!!!!) I don't think I agree, but oh well.......nice to know someone thinks I'm not making a complete fool of myself.
Also since I'm on the subject of clothing......I am going to bitch about how much laundry here costs. It's 11€ for a wash card, and that gets me like 6 washes! I've been through 2 cards already! Maybe I shouldn't bother separating my colors out like Nick.......it'll save money that's for sure!
Anyway back to what I've been up to.....if I can remember all of it which I usually can't.......I guess I'll just talk about the last couple of days. I'm so pathetic.....right now I'm trying to remember what I did on Tuesday night that caused me to miss Wednesdays class. I don't even remember.....bad sign. I went out drinking with friends, but I can't remember where (that might be due to the fact that I've been out drinking a lot lately!) Well anyways I missed Wednesdays class.......no worries though I can miss up to 3 and not have problems and that was my first one. But then last night we first went out for Mexican food to celebrate the fact that some of us were leaving today (Yigit was one of them). Afterwards we went to O' Dwyers, an Irish pub that a lot of us go to frequently. Well Wednesdays are Karaoke night.....I sang Like a Virgin and American Pie........not sure how well I sang but it was fun. Afterwards I hung around with the AP and some other people. We were listing to music, drinking, and dancing while Nick and the other bartenders cleaned up. Some old guys from Switzerland stayed after too and kept coming and dancing with us and were saying things like.....it's so nice you kids have so much fun. It was weird........they weren't the sketchy old guys that hit on you, but they were kinda always there. Reliving their youth vicariously through us I guess. O' Dwyers closes at 1 and we didn't leave until 3.......as if that weren't late enough......we then grabbed a taxi and headed over to the StuSie Bar where I drank some more, and danced some more. I also kinda made out with some guy who was hitting on me the week before at O' Dwyers. I dunno what happened to him though......I kinda left him to go dance and the next thign I knew was that he was gone. While dancing some other guy was like trying to feel Jules and me up on the dance floor. When he grabbed me to dance with him Jules came to my rescue. After dancing for a while and drinking these weird "shots" (Sparkling wine and tequila shaken up together) I decided I was sick of sketchy guys and that I should go home. That was at about 5:15......the first strassenbahn of the day came at 5:25.....so Jules, Ho, and some polish guy and I think turkish guy went with me to the stop. Ho was drunk off his ass. He weaved his way anywhere. By the time we got back to Händelstrasse I realized that Yigit was up and getting ready to leave for Turkey. So I we went to say hello. The expression on Yigit's face was priceless! His first comment to us was, "What the fuck!" All we wanted to do was say goodbye but then Ho went and collapsed on Yigit's bed and we needed to pull him off and get him in bed. I stayed and chatted with Yigit a little while Jules took Ho home. Then I went to bed......I kinda decided I was gonna miss the first half of class and then show up after break.......I kinda didn't make it at all. I didn't have a hangover or anything this morning, I just got nothing done. I have to go back and clean the place cuz I'm moving out.....Then I'm going out again tonight.....to the StuSie Bar. I swear I won't be out after 1. I have too much to do tomorrow. Once I get to Bremen I swear I won't be this bad!!!!! Well maybe every once in a while, but nothing frequent. I think it's something in the air here anyways and in Bremen it rains more often and clears the air........plus I'll actually be doing school work at that point.
Ok I'm rambling now.....I'll just shut up and go clean.....not something I want to do.
Also since I'm on the subject of clothing......I am going to bitch about how much laundry here costs. It's 11€ for a wash card, and that gets me like 6 washes! I've been through 2 cards already! Maybe I shouldn't bother separating my colors out like Nick.......it'll save money that's for sure!
Anyway back to what I've been up to.....if I can remember all of it which I usually can't.......I guess I'll just talk about the last couple of days. I'm so pathetic.....right now I'm trying to remember what I did on Tuesday night that caused me to miss Wednesdays class. I don't even remember.....bad sign. I went out drinking with friends, but I can't remember where (that might be due to the fact that I've been out drinking a lot lately!) Well anyways I missed Wednesdays class.......no worries though I can miss up to 3 and not have problems and that was my first one. But then last night we first went out for Mexican food to celebrate the fact that some of us were leaving today (Yigit was one of them). Afterwards we went to O' Dwyers, an Irish pub that a lot of us go to frequently. Well Wednesdays are Karaoke night.....I sang Like a Virgin and American Pie........not sure how well I sang but it was fun. Afterwards I hung around with the AP and some other people. We were listing to music, drinking, and dancing while Nick and the other bartenders cleaned up. Some old guys from Switzerland stayed after too and kept coming and dancing with us and were saying things like.....it's so nice you kids have so much fun. It was weird........they weren't the sketchy old guys that hit on you, but they were kinda always there. Reliving their youth vicariously through us I guess. O' Dwyers closes at 1 and we didn't leave until 3.......as if that weren't late enough......we then grabbed a taxi and headed over to the StuSie Bar where I drank some more, and danced some more. I also kinda made out with some guy who was hitting on me the week before at O' Dwyers. I dunno what happened to him though......I kinda left him to go dance and the next thign I knew was that he was gone. While dancing some other guy was like trying to feel Jules and me up on the dance floor. When he grabbed me to dance with him Jules came to my rescue. After dancing for a while and drinking these weird "shots" (Sparkling wine and tequila shaken up together) I decided I was sick of sketchy guys and that I should go home. That was at about 5:15......the first strassenbahn of the day came at 5:25.....so Jules, Ho, and some polish guy and I think turkish guy went with me to the stop. Ho was drunk off his ass. He weaved his way anywhere. By the time we got back to Händelstrasse I realized that Yigit was up and getting ready to leave for Turkey. So I we went to say hello. The expression on Yigit's face was priceless! His first comment to us was, "What the fuck!" All we wanted to do was say goodbye but then Ho went and collapsed on Yigit's bed and we needed to pull him off and get him in bed. I stayed and chatted with Yigit a little while Jules took Ho home. Then I went to bed......I kinda decided I was gonna miss the first half of class and then show up after break.......I kinda didn't make it at all. I didn't have a hangover or anything this morning, I just got nothing done. I have to go back and clean the place cuz I'm moving out.....Then I'm going out again tonight.....to the StuSie Bar. I swear I won't be out after 1. I have too much to do tomorrow. Once I get to Bremen I swear I won't be this bad!!!!! Well maybe every once in a while, but nothing frequent. I think it's something in the air here anyways and in Bremen it rains more often and clears the air........plus I'll actually be doing school work at that point.
Ok I'm rambling now.....I'll just shut up and go clean.....not something I want to do.

<< Home