Lustig ist das Freiburgerleben!!!!
Well it's been a while since my last blog, and I have a fair bit that's happened to me since then. I guess the best place to start would be last Friday. Last Friday the program planned to take out whoever wanted to go to a Biergarten and afterwards to a Disco. Well of course I didn't go! HA!!! Me not go that's about as likely as I am to discover the next revolutionary physics theory!!!!! Well honestly I started out good. I only had my glass of wine. Some of the guys (including my flatmate, Nick from Australia) were drinking these HUGE mugs of beer. I'm talking about the ones that are usually associated with Oktoberfest. Well I was hanging with my Aussie Posse (Nick, Jules, and Michael......who usually goes by his last name....Ho). There were also some other people at the table that I didn't really know. Well hanging with the AP is great. They're sarcastic, crazy, and love to drink (sounds familiar huh?). So of course when this British guy leaves his huge mug of beer and doesn't come back for a while they decided to have some fun......and I was included in their plans. Well it doesn't take much egging on for me to chug a beer and they did one better.....they sang me a song:
Here's to Muzza. She's true blue.
She's a pisspot through and through.
She's a bastard or so they say.
She tried to go to heaven but she went the other way.
She went down, down, down, down, down, down, down.....
(by the time the downs hit you're supposed to be drinking). Oh and by the way Muzza is their nickname for me. They've even shortened it down to Muzz. For all my D-son buddies who have been looking for a nickname for me.....keep looking! You have to have the accent to call me this, and Narelle I dunno if your accent's quite right either. I guess I'll have to listen to you say it.
Well needless to say the beer went down, down, down, down, down......until the end. Sick huh? Yeah I was definitely a little queasy afterwards too. The AP thought it was hilarious that I was not exactly tip top, and despite warnings I gave Nick not to touch me he did so anyway. A tiny little tap I might add......something that most of the time is jack shit......but no......I wasn't that lucky.....and of course problems ensued.......luckily I had good aim or Ho woulda been in the line of fire. I don't remember the last time I've been so emabarassed......or the last time something I did spread so quickly through the rumor mill. The AP have not let me forget the moment and took pictures to comemorate. I sure don't plan on doing anything like that anytime soon!!!!
Well if that were the only event of consequence that weekend I'd be a lucky duck. On Sunday the plan was to go to a spa that cost only 9 Euros! Score!!!! Well while waiting around for my connecting Strassenbahn some guy came up to me and asked me out. Even now I'm not sure why I agreed. I was sketched out even then!!!!! I met up with him (with friends of course) and the evening progressed......he was all hands.....let's just leave it as it was a really really bad experience. Thank god for Yigit is all I have to say. Yigit is one of the D-son members and also the only guy in our group here in Freiburg. He is our official "cockblocker".
Speaking of Yigit, he's from Turkey and his father invited us to his house in the break between Freiburg and when classes start in Bremen. So that means I may be going to Turkey in a couple weeks!!!!! My parents are kool with it and all (which is a relief) and all I have to do is get the required Visa. Hopefully I'll have more details on that in the next entry.
Sadly this program is already coming to a close. I have only about 10 days or so of class. The time has gone by so quickly. I've met so many amazing people here and almost wish I were studying in Freiburg for the year. It's a hard decision because I find both cities very beautiful.
I dunno maybe I'll come back to Freiburg. If I'm not careful of the Bächle in Freiburg (little aquaduct type things that carry water around the city and are used to power some buildings even), I will in theory end up here. Well ok technically I'd end up married to a Freiburger, if I fell in one.....or so the myth goes.
I have yet to fall in one, however. I have been falling all over the place due to these heeled flip flops I bought. The little heel part keeps getting caught between the cobblestones, and if I'm simply walking around everyone can hear me coming cuz they go click, click, click, click. I'm definitely a sight to see on those things....wobbling all over the place.
I'm also finally learning how to cook! Something my dad's been trying to get me to do for as long as I can remember. Last night I broiled marinated chicken, sauteed Zucchini, Mushrooms, and onions, and baked some tater tots. I was very proud of myself. Nick showed me today where you can buy root beer here in Germany (A&W no less!) so hopefully we'll be having root beer floats tonight along with dinner. Aparently in Australia they're called spiders but they don't use root beer, instead they use coke. I prefer my root beer any day.....I don't care how American that makes me!
Ohhhhh! Even writting this blog is making me miss Freiburg and I'm still here! I guess Freiburg will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm probably gonna try and visit everyone down here again during the year, and hopefully they'll come up to visit me! Well when I get to Bremen I'll put together a website with pictures from Freiburg that people can check out. That'll be on my D-son sight since I haven't bothered to figure out how to do it on this thing yet. Well I think that's all for now. Besides some people are drilling in the wall next to me and it's starting to get on my nerves! Viel Spass noch an ihr alle!!!!
Here's to Muzza. She's true blue.
She's a pisspot through and through.
She's a bastard or so they say.
She tried to go to heaven but she went the other way.
She went down, down, down, down, down, down, down.....
(by the time the downs hit you're supposed to be drinking). Oh and by the way Muzza is their nickname for me. They've even shortened it down to Muzz. For all my D-son buddies who have been looking for a nickname for me.....keep looking! You have to have the accent to call me this, and Narelle I dunno if your accent's quite right either. I guess I'll have to listen to you say it.
Well needless to say the beer went down, down, down, down, down......until the end. Sick huh? Yeah I was definitely a little queasy afterwards too. The AP thought it was hilarious that I was not exactly tip top, and despite warnings I gave Nick not to touch me he did so anyway. A tiny little tap I might add......something that most of the time is jack shit......but no......I wasn't that lucky.....and of course problems ensued.......luckily I had good aim or Ho woulda been in the line of fire. I don't remember the last time I've been so emabarassed......or the last time something I did spread so quickly through the rumor mill. The AP have not let me forget the moment and took pictures to comemorate. I sure don't plan on doing anything like that anytime soon!!!!
Well if that were the only event of consequence that weekend I'd be a lucky duck. On Sunday the plan was to go to a spa that cost only 9 Euros! Score!!!! Well while waiting around for my connecting Strassenbahn some guy came up to me and asked me out. Even now I'm not sure why I agreed. I was sketched out even then!!!!! I met up with him (with friends of course) and the evening progressed......he was all hands.....let's just leave it as it was a really really bad experience. Thank god for Yigit is all I have to say. Yigit is one of the D-son members and also the only guy in our group here in Freiburg. He is our official "cockblocker".
Speaking of Yigit, he's from Turkey and his father invited us to his house in the break between Freiburg and when classes start in Bremen. So that means I may be going to Turkey in a couple weeks!!!!! My parents are kool with it and all (which is a relief) and all I have to do is get the required Visa. Hopefully I'll have more details on that in the next entry.
Sadly this program is already coming to a close. I have only about 10 days or so of class. The time has gone by so quickly. I've met so many amazing people here and almost wish I were studying in Freiburg for the year. It's a hard decision because I find both cities very beautiful.
I dunno maybe I'll come back to Freiburg. If I'm not careful of the Bächle in Freiburg (little aquaduct type things that carry water around the city and are used to power some buildings even), I will in theory end up here. Well ok technically I'd end up married to a Freiburger, if I fell in one.....or so the myth goes.
I have yet to fall in one, however. I have been falling all over the place due to these heeled flip flops I bought. The little heel part keeps getting caught between the cobblestones, and if I'm simply walking around everyone can hear me coming cuz they go click, click, click, click. I'm definitely a sight to see on those things....wobbling all over the place.
I'm also finally learning how to cook! Something my dad's been trying to get me to do for as long as I can remember. Last night I broiled marinated chicken, sauteed Zucchini, Mushrooms, and onions, and baked some tater tots. I was very proud of myself. Nick showed me today where you can buy root beer here in Germany (A&W no less!) so hopefully we'll be having root beer floats tonight along with dinner. Aparently in Australia they're called spiders but they don't use root beer, instead they use coke. I prefer my root beer any day.....I don't care how American that makes me!
Ohhhhh! Even writting this blog is making me miss Freiburg and I'm still here! I guess Freiburg will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm probably gonna try and visit everyone down here again during the year, and hopefully they'll come up to visit me! Well when I get to Bremen I'll put together a website with pictures from Freiburg that people can check out. That'll be on my D-son sight since I haven't bothered to figure out how to do it on this thing yet. Well I think that's all for now. Besides some people are drilling in the wall next to me and it's starting to get on my nerves! Viel Spass noch an ihr alle!!!!

<< Home