A Tramp Abroad

I'm spending a year abroad and this is a way for everyone to follow along and see what I'm up to.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Poor Unfortunate Soul

Well today I was finally able to reach the Janoschek's and ask if I could stay with them for the year. And the verdict is..............I can't stay with them.........I'm a "poor unfortunate soul. So sad. So true". Yes that's the disney kick talking. I watched the Little Mermaid today as well, and that movie (as can be imagined) struck a cord with me.

I have to admit I was disappointed. But of course I couldn't let my parents see too much of that......I'm supposed to be excited and prepared to go. So the butterflys in my stomach have to remain a secret. At least I think they're butterflys, but who knows maybe I went and swallowed some fairies in my sleep and now they're trying to get out. (Maybe I took some LSD instead!)

Speaking of LSD I recently saw this movie called Harvard Man.....(Alex managed to con me inton watching it with him). Anyway in this movie the main character takes like 4 times the recommended dosage of LSD. Great.....whoopie.....who cares.....right? Well it just so happens that they filmed the movie from his perspective while he was tripping on this stuff. My head hurt so bad from watching it, you'd have thought I'd taken the LSD myself!!!!! My recommendation......it's an awful movie!!!!!!!!! The movie Airplane is up for an Oscar compared to this one (and for those of you who know how much I hate the movie Airplane....that's saying something).

I also talked to A.J. today. He seems to love college already and he's only been there a week. (Personally I still can't believe he's in college already.......I feel so OLD) =p I've also managed to talk to a plethora of friends in the last couple of days......I'm amazed people still remember me......I hardly remember myself in the summer. Well I guess I don't have much else to tell except for some more bad jokes and I'm not in a torturous mood.......soooo Good Night